~~~~ COMPILED FROM ECONOMIC SURVEY ~~~~~~
1. The Economy of India is the eleventh largest in the world by nominal GDP and the fourth largest by purchasing power parity (PPP).
3. India is the largest producer and consumer of black tea in the world.
4. India ranks first in the world in milk production.
5. India ranks among the top three countries in egg production in the world.
6. India is the fourth largest producer of natural rubber (NR) in the world. India is the sixth largest producer of coffee after Brazil, Vietnam, Colombia, Indonesia, and Ethiopia.
7. India is the third largest producer and consumer of fertilizers in the world after China and the USA. 8. Oil and gas constitute around 45 per cent of total energy consumption of India.
9. India is at the fifth position globally after Germany, Spain and USA in Wind Power production.
10. India ranks a low 134 among 187 countries in Human Development Index 2011.
11. India currently accounts for 1.5% of world trade as of 2010 according to the World Trade Statistics of the WTO.
12. India is the second largest producer of quality cement in the world.
13. The Indian Paper Industry is among the top 15 global players today, with an output of more than 11 millions tones annually.
14. The Textiles sector is the second largest provider of employment after agriculture.
15. India is the second largest producer of cotton (4.13 mn. metric tones), accounting for 16 per cent of global production.
16. India is the largest producer and second largest exporter of jute goods in the world.
17. India is the second largest producer of silk and contributes about 18% to the total world raw silk production.
18. India is the seventh largest producer of wool and contributes 1.8% to total world production.
19. Indian Chemical Industry is 12th largest in the world and 3rd largest in Asia.
20. India is the fourth largest producer of crude steel in the world after China, Japan, and the USA.
21. India is the largest sponge iron producer in the world.
22. India is the world's second fastest growing auto market and boasts of the sixth largest automobile industry after China, the US, Germany, Japan and Brazil.
23. India is the largest cutting and polishing industry for diamond in the world.
24. India is the 16th largest country in the world in terms of Gross Shipping tonnage by nationality of owner.
25. India has the largest postal network in the world with 1,55,015 post offices.
26. India is the world's fastest growing Wireless market.
27. India is the second largest producer of fruits and vegetables in the world.
28. India is the largest overseas exporter of cashew nuts and spices.
29. India is the second largest two-wheeler manufacturer in the world.
30. India is the second tractor manufacturer in the world.