31. (7+14+21+28………..+700) is equal to :
35350 - ANSWER
32. In a group of 5 persons, P is taller than Q, but is shorter than both R and S. Both R and T are taller than Q, but shorter than S. This implies that
R is taller than P, but shorter than T/ R
T is taller than Q, but shorter than R/ T
R is taller than Q, but shorter than T/ R
S is taller than T while P is shorter than R/ S - ANSWER
33. In a group of Army Officers, 02% of Officers neither take Coffee nor Tea, while rest of them take either Tea or Coffee or both. If 60% of Officers take Tea, while 58% take Coffee, what percentage of Officers take Tea but do not take Coffee?
40% - ANSWER
34. The original name of Ho Chi Minh, the President of the Vietnam Democratic
Republic, was Nguyen Van Thanh which he later changed to Ho Chi Minh before becoming the President. The literal meaning of Ho Chi Minh is
He Who Leads
He Who Fights
He Who Enlightens - ANSWER
He Who Protects
35. In which year, Mahatama Gandhi travelled to Champaran in Bihar to inspire the peasants to struggle against the oppressive plantation system?
1917 - ANSWER
36. With which objective, CR Das and Motilal Nehru formed the Swaraj Party within the Congress?
Spearhead the mass struggles
Forge Hindu-Muslim unity
Participate in elections to the provincial council - ANSWER
Organise legislative protests against Rowlatt
37. The industrial working class did not participate in the Civil Disobedience Movement in large numbers, except in
Nagpur region - ANSWER
38. Dr B R Ambedkar clashed with Mahatma Gandhi at the 2nd Round Table Conference demanding
Reservation for Dalits in Government jobs
Reservation for Dalits in Ministries
Separate citizen status for Dalits
Separate Electorate for Dalits - ANSWER
39. A scene of wrestling match in Bombay’s Hanging Gardens was shot by Harishchandra Bhatwadekar, & it became India’s first movie. It was shot in the year
1896 - ANSWER
40. Which famous leader once said, “we would not have made economic progress, if we had not intervened on very personal matters: how you live, the noise you make, how you spit…”
Adolf Hitler, Germany
Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
Lee Kuan Yew, Singapore - ANSWER
41. Who brought the printing Press for the first time to India in the mid-16th century ?
Dutch cloth merchants
Portuguese Missionaries - ANSWER
Arab manuscript writers
42. Measures in India to impose censorship on printed material were initiated in 1798 by the East India Company. It was directed against
Bengali social reformers
Englishmen in India - ANSWER
Indian Princely States
43. Munshi Premchand was born in 1880 and died in the year 1936. His best-known literary work, `Godan’ (The Gift of Cow) was published in
1936 - ANSWER
44. The caste-system during early Vedic age prohibited
Inter caste dining
Inter caste marriages
None of these - ANSWER
45. In which year, Thums Up, one of India’s great brands, which was sold to Coca-Cola a few years ago, was launched?
1979 - ANSWER
46. Which among the below mentioned Upper Palaeolithic places in India is wrongly matched with the state it is located in?
Bhimbetka, Madhya Pradesh
Betamcherla, Andhra Pradesh
Singh Bhumi, Himachal Pradesh - ANSWER
47. Kalidasa’s ‘Kumarasambhavam’ describes the story of the birth of which mythological character?
Kartikeya - ANSWER
48. Where and when was the 2nd Buddhist Council held?
Patliputra in 250 BC
Sri Lanka in the 1st century BC
Vaishali in 383 BC - ANSWER
Mandalay in 1871 AD
49. In which among the following cases, the Supreme Court of India propounded the theory of basic structure of the Constitution?
Gopalan vs. State of Madras
Keshvanand Bharati - ANSWER
50. The 52nd amendment to the Constitution of India is most closely related to
Extention of Reservation in Government jobs
Provision for special status to Tripura
Provisions for increasing age of eligibility for voting
Provisions against political defections - ANSWER