Complete list of Punchlines/Tagline, Apps, Schemes of Banks work in India useful for Cometitive Exams like IBPS/SBI/RBI/SIDBI/NABARD
Easy Bank Account now also at newly RBI approved licenced bank - Bandhan Bank. This is a new bank in India it is very much important for competitive exam questions this time. Let us start with discussing few key points about Bandhan Bank.Estd - 23 August 2015
Headquarter - Kolkata
Chairman - Dr Ashok Kumar Lahiri.
MD & CEO - Chandrasekhar Ghosh.
Tagline of Bandhan Bank - Aapka Bhala, Sabki Bhalai
Started with 501 branches, 2022 Service Centres, 50 ATMs & 19500 employees across India.
By the end of Financial Year 2016 it will increase up to 652 Branches and 250 ATMs.
Presently Bandhan Bank has 1.43 crore account holders which are transferred from Bandhan Financial Services.
71% Branches are in rural areas in which 35 % are in unbanked areas.
Now lets see how questions asked in your exam. Awnser this questions asked in RBI Assistant Exam -
Q. Trusted Family Bank Is the Tagline of which bank?
Ans- Check comment box below.
- Still Struggling to remember Headoffices of Banks? Check this trick and never forget any Indian PSB Headquarters. Easy way out.
Taglines of Public Sector Banks in India:1) State Bank Group – Pure banking nothing else;
With you all the way,
the national bank on us (business tagline)
a) State bank of Hyderabad - You can always bank on us.
b) State bank of Mysore - Working for a better tomorrow.
c) State bank of Patiala -Blending modernity with tradition.
d) State bank of Travancore - A long tradition of trust.
2) Allahabad Bank – A tradition of trust
3) Andhra Bank – Much more to do, with YOU in focus.
4) Bank of Baroda – India’s international bank.
5) Bank of India – Relationships beyond banking.
6) Bank of Maharashtra – One family one bank.
7) Canara Bank – Together We Can.
8) Central Bank of India – Build A Better Life Around Us.
9) Corporation Bank – Prosperity for All.
10) Dena Bank – Trusted Family Bank.
11) IDBI Bank – Banking for All.
12) Indian Bank – Taking banking technology to the common man.
13) Indian Overseas Bank – Good people to grow with.
14) Oriental Bank of Commerce – Where every individual is committed.
15) Punjab National Bank – A Name you can Bank Upon.
16) Syndicate Bank – Your faithful & friendly financial partner.
17) UCO Bank – Honours Your Trust.
18) Union Bank of India – Good People to Bank with.
19) United Bank of India – The Bank that begins with U.
20) Vijaya Bank – A Friend You can Bank Upon.
21) Bharatiya mahila bank - Empowering women.Empowering india,
22) ECGC(Export Credit Guarantee Corporation of India Limited) - You focus on exports. We cover the risks.
23) Punjab and sind Bank : where series is A way of life
Taglines of Private Sector Banks in India:1) Axis Bank – Badhti ka naam zindagi
2) Bank of Rajasthan – Dare to dream.
3) Catholic Syrian Bank – Support all the way..
4) Centurion Bank of Punjab – To rejoice working, join us.
5) City Union Bank – Trust and Excellence since 1904.
6) Dhanalakshmi Bank – Tann. Mann. Dhan.
7) Federal Bank – Your perfect banking partner.
8) HDFC Bank – We understand your world.
9) ICICI Bank – Khayal aapka.
10) IndusInd Bank – We Make You Feel Richer.
11) ING Vysya Bank – Jiyo easy.
12) Jammu & Kashmir Bank – Serving to Empower.
13) Karnataka Bank – Your family bank across India.
14) Karur Vysya Bank – Smart way to bank.
15) Kotak Mahindra Bank – Lets make money simple.
16) Laxmi Vilas Bank – The Changing Face of Prosperity.
17) Nainital Bank – Banking with personal touch.
18) Saraswat Bank – Service to the Common Man!.
19) South Indian Bank – Experience Next Generation Banking.
20) Yes Bank – Experience our expertise.
21) Bandhan - Hope for the poor.
Taglines of Foreign Banks in India :1) ABN-AMRO Bank – Making More Possible.
2) Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank – Our Vision. Your Future.
3) Bank of Ceylon – BOC-the Bank you can trust.
4) BNP Paribas Bank – The bank for a changing world.
5) Citi Bank – The Citi never sleeps.
6) China Trust Commercial Bank – We Are Family.
7) Deutsche Bank – A Passion to Perform.
8) HSBC – The world’s local bank.
9) JPMorgan Chase Bank – The right relationship is everything.
10) Standard Chartered Bank – Your Right Partner.
11) Scotia Bank – You’re richer than you think.
Development Bank of India:National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development(NABARD) - Revitalizing rural India through urban Support.
Schemes and Apps recently launched by Banks:
• SBI- Youth for India
• SBI - First home grown INDEX "COMPOSITE INDEX"
• RBL Bank- India's first credit card exclusively for GOLF LOVERS....
• Indusuld & federal bank- Video conferencing
• Icici Bank -Tap and pay
• Hdfc Bank - Chillar
• Icici Bank - Digital Banking "POCKET"
• Tancet Holdings - China's first online Banking "webank"
• ICICI Bank launched Digital Village Project in Akodara Village of Gujarat
• ICICI Bank launched India’s first” transparent credit card “in association with American Express
• Kotak Mahindra Bank launched Facebook-based funds transfer platform –“KayPay”
• ICICI BANK- EMI ON DEBIT CARD
• Bank of India - Instant Money Transfer - IMT
• DDA Housing Scheme 2014 - HDFC Bank
• TAB BANKING FACILITY = SBI
• BOUTIQUE FINANCING SCHEME = SBI
• Twitter Handle account = SBI
• Asha Home loan = AXIS BANK
• Airtel money = AXIS BANK+AIRTEL
• Kisan card = AXIS BANK
• M-Pesa = ICICI+Vodafone
• Branch on Wheel = ICICI Bank in Odisha
• I-Mobile app for windows phone = ICICI
• Instant money transfer = BOI
• M-Wallet = Canara Bank
• E-Wallet = IRCTC
• Student Travel Card = ICICI
• E-KYC = SBI
• State Bank Freedom App - State Bank of India
• Maha Millionaire”, “Maha Lakhpati” - Bank of Maharashtra
Recent Schemes / Apps launched by Banks
- Airtel money - AXIS BANK+AIRTE
- Asha Home loan - AXIS BANK
- BOUTIQUE FINANCING SCHEME - SBI
- Branch on Wheel - ICICI Bank in Odisha
- Chillar - Hdfc Bank
- China's first online Banking "webank" - Tancet Holdings
- DDA Housing Scheme 2014 - HDFC Bank
- Digital Banking "POCKET" - ICICI
- Digital Village Project in Akodara Village of Gujarat - ICICI
- eforex - SBI
- E-KYC - SBI
- EMI ON DEBIT CARD - ICICI BANK
- E-Wallet - IRCTC
- Facebook-based funds transfer platform “KayPay” - Kotak Mahindra Bank
- First home grown INDEX "COMPOSITE INDEX" - SBI
- I-Mobile app for windows phone - ICICI
- India’s first” transparent credit card “in association with American Express - ICICI
- India's first credit card exclusively for GOLF LOVERS - RBL Bank
- Instant money transfer - BOI
- Instant Money Transfer (IMT) - Bank of India
- Kisan card - AXIS BANK
- Maha Millionaire”, “Maha Lakhpati” - Bank of Maharashtra
- M-Pesa - ICICI+Vodafone
- M-Wallet - Canara Bank
- State Bank Freedom App - State Bank of India
- Student Travel Card - ICICI
- TAB BANKING FACILITY - SBI
- Tap and pay - ICICI
- Twitter Handle account - SBI
- Video conferencing - Indusuld & federal bank
- Youth for India - SBI
RBI has launched a website explaining ways to detect counterfeit notes with a tagline ‘Pehchano Paise ki Boli, Kyuki paisa Bolta Hai’.
► R.B.I. directed banks tc follow clean note policy.
► RBI started Plastic Money Project on Trial basis in 5 cities of India with the denomination of 10 rupees and will continue with other small denomination depending upon the success of these notes.
► The union government and RBI on 12 March 2013 decided to introduce one billion pieces of 10 Rupees bank notes made of Plastic on a field trial basis in five cities of Kochi, Mysore, Jaipur, Bhubaneswar and Shimla.
► RBI guide lines for the clearance of all the cheques is 2 days.
► RBI hiked the investment limit in government securities by flls and long term investors $25 billion and in corporate bonds $50 billion from $45 billion.
► Under the ‘Basic Savings Bank Deposit Account (BSBDA) scheme, any individual, including poor or those from weaker section of the society, can open zero balance account in any bank (including foreign bank).
► RBI permitted the premature encashment of 8% savings (Taxable) Bonds for individual investors who are 60 years and above in age.
► RBI issued norms for currency swap window for fresh foreign currency non-resident bank-FCNR (B) deposit mobilized for a minimum tenor of 3 years.
► RBI allowed the non-resident investors including NRIs to buy shares under FDI scheme. Till now, the flls (Foreign Institutional Investor), QFIs (Qualified Foreign Investors) and NRIs were eligible to invest and acquire the shares on the recognized stock exchanges of India in compliance with the FEMA (Foreign Exchange Management Act) regulations. But the NRIs were not allowed to acquire shares on exchange (bourses) under the FDI Scheme.
► The RBI said, min paid-up equity of 25% should be held directly by the lender. Also, repayment of the principle will commence only after completion of minimum average maturity of 7 years and no prepayment will be allowed before maturity.
► RBI opens special dollar window for 3 oil marketing firms: the central bank has activated the forex swap window, whereby it will undertake sell/buy of dollar-rupee forex swaps for a fixed period with Indian Oil Corporation, Hindustan Petroleum and Bharat Petroleum through a designated bank.
► The RBI imposed restrictions on banks and NBFCs for providing loans against gold coins as well as units of gold ETFs and mutual fund to curb demands for gold. Also banks were asked to ensure that the amount of loan to any customer against gold ornaments, gold Jewellery and gold coins (weighing up to 50 grams) should be within the board approved limit.
► UAE Exchange, one of the largest foreign exchange firms in the united Arab Emirates, has applied to RBI for a banking license in India.
► The RBI has increased banks’ cost of borrowing short-term money through the Marginal Standing Facility (MSF) rate and bank rate each by 200 basis points (2per cent) to 10.25 per cent. The RBI has capped the amount banks can borrow from overnight markets to Rs. 75,000 crore.
► The Reserve Bank opened a special borrowing window of Rs. 25,000 Crore to help the crisis-ridden mutual funds tide over liquidity problems.
► Aditya Birla Group chairman Kumar Mangalam Birla has resigned from RBI board to avoid any conflict of interest as one of his group firm is in the race for a new breaking license.
► In view of a series of chit fund frauds, RBI has decided to set up a separate forum for coordination and sharing information to rein in such investment scheme.
► Reserve Bank will examine financials of 34,754 non-banking finance companies (NBFCs) to ascertain their eligibility. “The main objective is to determine whether among these companies there are NBFCs that ought to have registered with the RBI for carrying on their NBFI (non-banking financial institution) activities”.
► The RBI announced its decision to buy long-term government bonds worth Rs 80 billion (nearly $1.3bn) to pump more liquidity into the
Important for IBPS exam and P.O exam
• First India bank Got ISO: Canara Bank
• First Governor of RBI: Mr. Osborne Smith
• First Indian governor of RBI: Mr. C D Deshmukh
• First Bank to Introduce ATM in India: HSBC
• First Bank to introduce saving Bank in India: Presidency bank in 1830
• First Bank to Introduce Cheque system in India: Bengal Bank 1784
• First Bank to introduce Internet Banking: ICICI BANK
• First Bank to introduce Mutual Fund: State Bank of India
• First Bank to introduce Credit Card in India: Central Bank of India
• First Foreign Bank in India: Comptoire d’Escompte de Paris of France in 1860
• First Bank Set Up in India: Bank of Hindustan in 1770
• First Joint Stock Bank of British India: State Bank of India
• First Joint Stock Bank of India: Allahabad Bank
• First Bank that is oldest Public Bank in India: Allahabad Bank
• First national bank that is merged with Punjab National Bank: New Bank of India in 1993
• First Indian bank to open branch outside India in London in 1946: Bank of India
• First Indian Bank started with Indian capital / indigenous Bank of India: Punjab National Bank
• First Regional Rural Bank name Prathama Grameen Bank Was started by: Syndicate Bank
BANKS IN INDIA
1. Central Bank – Reserve Bank of India Commercial Bank
2. Public Sector Bank – (Nationalised Bank) Total 26 = 14 were nationalized in 1969 +6 were Nationalized in 1980 (out of these one bank new Bank of India was merged with PNB in 1983), +1 IDBI + SBI +5 Subsidiary/Associates banks of State Bank of India.
3. Private Banks = RBI in 1993 gave licences to 12 Private bank in 2 phases 10 private bank in 1993 and 2 private bank in 2003-2004
4. Foreign Banks = 34 Foreign Banks are there in India.
Cooperative Banks = Bank those are registered under Co-operative Societies Act 1965, Co-operative Banks are also works as Commercial Bank.